VCU Libraries Search: What am I searching?
What about the Catalog?
VCU Libraries Search replaced the Catalog in October 2012. Search will provide a single point of access to books, journals, media, course reserves, and other items traditionally held in the Catalog.
The VCU Libraries Search allows you to search hundreds of millions of items simultaneously, including:
- VCU Libraries books and media
- Research databases like ERIC and MEDLINE
- E-journal collections like JSTOR and Science Direct
- VCU Libraries Digital Collections
- Legal, governmental, and archival materials
VCU Libraries Search retrieves all of the items it can find that meet your search terms, whether from individual publishers or from open-access scholarly repositories. You can find even more results not owned by VCU using either the "Expand My Results" option from the search results page, or the "Recommendations" link that appears for many search results. You can access items held by other institutions via Interlibrary Loan Services, or in-person visits to Richmond Academic Library Consortium member libraries.
Other search options
Not everything is included in the VCU Libraries Search, so you may wish to search individual research databases using Databases A-Z. Not sure which database to search? Start with one of our Research Guides. If you have questions, ask us.
- RSS Feeds are not being updated with new results. Use scheduled email alerts or saved queries instead.