Alert: ILLiad will be offline January 3, 2015, for planned maintenance.
If VCU Libraries doesn't have what you need, we'll get it for you for free. Our professional staff will find it at another library or online and will deliver it to you. We have many partnerships and are members of consortia that expand your research universe.
These requests are handled by our ILLiad system. You set up an account and then all your materials requests are at your fingertips.
Managing your requests and materials
- Create an account and set your pickup location and your status: student, faculty or staff.
- Log on to ILLiad if you already have an account.
- Learn how to check the status, renew, or cancel your interlibrary loan request.
Delivery times and timing
- Interlibrary Loan: Allow 1 to 7 business days for copies of articles or book chapters and 1 to 4 weeks for entire books and other items.
- Loan periods vary. Check the due date on the book and in your account.
- Electronic copies remain accessible for 30 days in your account. Download or save a copy to your personal files for continued access.
Fines and fees
- Damaged materials: Minimum varies.
- Lost materials: Minimum $135 per item.
- Interlibrary Loan Services Policy
- Loansome Doc borrowing through the National Library of Medicine
- Interlibrary Loan Lending Information for Other Libraries