If VCU Libraries doesn't have what you need, we'll get it for you for free. Our professional staff will find it at another library or online and will deliver it to you. We have many partnerships and are members of consortia that expand your research universe.
These requests are handled by our online system—called ILLiad. You set up an account and then all your materials requests are at your fingertips.
Managing your requests and materials
- Create an account on ILLiad and set your pickup location and your status: student, faculty or staff.
- Learn how to check the status, renew, or cancel your interlibrary loan request.
Delivery times and timing
- Interlibrary Loan: Allow 1 to 7 business days for articles and 1 to 4 weeks for books and other items.
- Loan periods vary. Check the due date on the book and in your account.
- Electronic copies remain accessible for 30 days in your account. Download or save a copy to your personal files for continued access.
Fines and fees
- Damaged materials: Minimum varies.
- Lost materials: Minimum $135 per item.
- See fees.
- Guide: How to borrow an item from another library
- Email email@example.com or call (804) 828-1115, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- ILL Borrowing Privileges and Fees
- Loansome Doc borrowing through the National Library of Medicine
- Interlibrary Loan Lending Information for Other Libraries