ILL Lending Information for Other Libraries
Monroe Park Campus
Phone: (804) 828-1115
Phone: (804) 828-0630
|Odyssey: 18.104.22.168/VRC (preferred)||Odyssey: 22.214.171.124/HSL (preferred)|
|OCLC Symbol: VRC|
|DOCLINE Symbol: VAUTMC|
|Office hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Lending Regulations for Other Libraries
- Lending requests will be accepted directly from libraries.
- All VCU Libraries materials that normally circulate will be loaned to other libraries. In addition, some microforms that are not periodicals, newspapers, or patents will be loaned.
- The loan period for most material is eight weeks with the exception of multimedia (films, videos, cassettes, CDs, or DVDs). The loan period for multimedia and the James Branch Cabell Library Film Video Collection is generally 3 weeks, but may vary due to high use and purchase restrictions.
- Renewals are allowed by special requests.
- Requests must be submitted via OCLC, DOCLINE, ILLiad, email or ALA forms.
- International libraries:
- Books may be loaned to foreign libraries that are part of the International Federation of Library Association (IFLA) by special arrangement.
- Photocopies will be sent to all libraries outside of the United States.
- Base fees will apply for transactions with corporate/commercial libraries, Metro-Richmond non-profit agencies and institutions without reciprocal agreements.
- Corporate/commercial libraries: $35
- Metro-Richmond non-profit agencies, DOCLINE libraries: $11
- All other institutions without reciprocal agreements: $15
- Damage: $10 minimum.
- Replacement: $135 minimum. These fees may not be refunded if the item is returned 3 months after invoicing.
- Rush: $10 for corporate/commercial libraries, Metro-Richmond non-profit agencies and institutions without reciprocal agreements.
- Fax: $10 for corporate/commercial libraries, Metro-Richmond non-profit agencies and institutions without reciprocal agreements.
- Invoice Processing Fee: $5 per invoice if non-EFTS or non-IFM participant.
Affiliations, processing and delivery times
- ASERL (Association of Southeastern Research Libraries) requests will be processed within four days of receipt per ASERL Reciprocal Agreement with no base charges.
- KUDZU requests will be processed within 24 hours of receipt per the Kudzu Expedited Service Agreement with no base charges.
- NN/LM Resource Libraries (National Network of Libraries of Medicines)
- OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
- RALC (Richmond Area Library Consortium) requests will be processed within a timely manner according to the RALC Institutional Loan Agreement with no base charges.
- RapidILL (ASERL Pod) requests will be processed within 24 hours of receipt with no base charges.
- VIVA (The Virtual Library of Virginia) requests will be processed within 48 hours of receipt per the VIVA Interlibrary Loan Guideline with no base charges.
- WRLC (Washington Research Library Consortium) requests will be processed within 4 business days with no base charges.
- Requests received from unaffiliated institutions will be processed as quickly as possible, generally within 48 business hours.
- Priority is given to patient care, rush and requests from affiliated institutions.
- VCU Libraries uses express delivery services (Article Exchange, Odyssey, email, UPS, RALC shuttle, RapidX and USPS) when possible.
- Corporate/Commercial (for profit) Libraries: Libraries that are part of corporate entities. This includes corporate libraries, law libraries, etc.
- Metro-Richmond Non-Profit Agencies: Included are public libraries, public schools, state and federal agencies, museums, non-profit hospitals, historical societies, and churches located within Metro-Richmond. VCU Libraries reserves the right to designate libraries and agencies to be added to this group.
- Non-reciprocal: This includes libraries that are not members of RALC, VIVA, Kudzu, ASERL or the Metro- Richmond agencies.
- Reciprocal: This includes libraries that have formal agreements to share resources free of charge. Included are RALC (Richmond Area Library Consortia), VIVA (The Virtual Library of Virginia), ASERL (Association of Southeastern Research Libraries) and Kudzu (a subgroup of ASERL). VCU Libraries reserves the right to designate libraries and agencies to be added to this group.
- Returnables: Materials that are loaned to the borrowing institutions and must be returned to the lending institutions within a specified number of days. These materials generally include books, videos, microforms, CDs, DVDs and slides.