Loansome Doc Registration
If you are a member of the VCU or VCU Health System communities, use ILLiad instead of Loansome Doc.
Register for Loansome Doc
Part 1: VCU Registration
- Decide which category describes you:
- Corporate/Commercial Users: users requesting materials for their for-profit business
- Health Care Professionals: users requesting materials for patient care, medical and clinical research
- Residents/Individuals: users requesting materials for personal use
- Complete the VCU registration form.
- You will receive the VCU identification number you'll need for the second part of the registration.
Part 2: Loansome Doc Registration
- Complete NLM's Loansome Doc Registration form.
- Note your preferred method of delivery.
- Use the VCU identification number from part 1 for both the library identifier and your authorization code.
Using Loansome Doc
- While reviewing your PubMed search results, you may select articles you want to order.
- The National Library of Medicine sends information on you and your articles to VCU Libraries.
- We retrieve requests daily, Monday through Friday.
- If we own the article, we will fill the request within two working days.
- If we do not own the article, we will use the NLM's interlibrary loan system to get the article from another library. The time for delivery by another library may vary.
- You may receive your items in one of the following ways (as selected on your registration form):
- Electronic delivery
- U.S. first class mail
- Pick-up at the Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences Service Desk
- Pick-up at the James Branch Cabell Library Service Desk
- Corporate/Commercial Users: $35 per filled request
- Health Care Professionals: $11 per filled request
- Residents/Individuals: $11 per filled request
- Additional charges may include:
- Fax : $10
- Rush: $10
- VCU Libraries reserves the right to double the charges for copies over 30 pages.
- Invoices will be mailed to the address you provided on your registration form.
- Pay with cash, credit card or check.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 828-1115, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.