Managing Requests for Materials in ILLiad
Renewing ILL Materials
- Log into your ILLiad record.
- Select 'Checked Out' under the 'View' section.
- Click on the transaction number of the item to be renewed.
- Click “Renew request” in the upper left of the screen.
Can anything be renewed?
- To determine if an item can be renewed, check the information printed on the label that covers the item.
- Only 1 renewal is permitted.
- ILL items cannot be renewed by the staff at circulation points or via VCU Libraries My Account - you must renew online through ILLiad.
- Renewals can only be submitted within the 14 days prior to the due date.
- Loan periods and policies will vary depending on the lending libraries.
- Items that are overdue can't be renewed.
- Need help? Email email@example.com or call (804) 828-1115.
You may cancel any outstanding request (unfilled) before it reaches the "Request Sent" status by following these procedures.
- Log into your ILLiad record. The Main Menu of ILLiad will display with a list of all outstanding (unfilled) requests.
- Select the request you wish to cancel by clicking on the number in the "Transaction" column.
- Select "Cancel Request" on the next screen that displays.
You will be sent an availability notice via email when an item you requested has been shipped to you, delivered to the Web for electronic access, or placed at one of the libraries' service desk for pick-up. If you no longer need the item, please reply to the email notifying us that you no longer need the item. In some cases, we may be able to retrieve and return the item back to the lender.