Item Retrieval/Document Delivery
Do you need a library item copied, pulled off the shelf and held at the library or delivered to you? We can help.
Copy, hold or mail
Follow these steps to request a book or an electronic copy of a printed article or chapter.
- Create an account on ILLiad. This is our online system that manages all such requests.
- Set your delivery option: Email, pickup at a library or mail.
- Choose a form based on the type of item you’re requesting.
- Fill out as much information about the item as you can.
- Answer Yes to the question: “Is this item available in VCU Libraries collection?”
- Note Borrowing_Privileges and Fees for ILL, depending on the delivery option you choose, where you live and your affiliation with VCU.
For on-campus users, items may be transferred between campuses for pick-up at the service desks. Click Find or Request on a desired item in the VCU Libraries Search or use the Item Request Form.
How long will it take?
- Allow 1-2 business days for request processing.
- Requests traveling by mail may take longer
How long can I keep my item?
You can keep the item as long as our borrowing guidelines allow.
Items borrowed from the VCU Libraries' collections are covered with a label that states Borrowed From VCU Libraries. To renew, log on to your VCU Libraries My Account, e-Shelf, and Saved Searches.
If the item cannot be renewed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.