Computers and Equipment
We provide Windows computers throughout Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library. Macs are located on the second floor of Cabell Library. Use of equipment is subject to computer policies.
Computers have Microsoft Office, Respondus Lockdown for secure Blackboard testing, GIMP image editor (PCs only) and statistical software SAS, SPSS, Mathematica, STATA and JMP via App2Go.
Workspaces with computers, software and equipment for viewing, creating and editing multimedia include:
- Innovative Media and Group Viewing/Gaming Room on the third floor of Cabell Library. Innovative Media staff can help you with media software and best practices.
- Multimedia Collaboration Room in the basement of Tompkins-McCaw Library
Microform viewers are available on the third floor of Cabell Library and in the Multimedia Collaboration Room at Tompkins-McCaw Library.
A/V equipment for loan
- Cabell Library's Innovative Media (third floor) loans state-of-the-art multimedia equipment.
- Tompkins-McCaw Library loans digital cameras.
Printers, copiers, scanners, fax machine and more
Affordable or free print, scan, copy, and fax services are available.
Chargers, cables, headphones
We lend assorted chargers, adapters and calculators from service desks. Cabell Library offers earplugs and earbud headphones for free. Tompkins-McCaw Library also lends bluetooth presentation remotes and surge protectors.
iPads and ereaders
Apple iPads are available from both libraries for a nonrenewable three-day loan.
- Check iPad availability at Cabell Library
- Check iPad availability at Tompkins-McCaw Library
- iPad borrowing and fees
Ereaders are available from Cabell Library for a one week loan. They are pre-loaded with classics as well as popular fiction.
There are four groups of Kindles, each with a different list of book titles.
- Book titles available: Group A |Group B |Group C | Group D
- Check Kindle availability: Group A | Group B | Group C | Group D
You can borrow a bicycle for up to 48 hours from either campus library.