Computers and Equipment
VCU Libraries offers laptops for loan from the service desks at both libraries.
We provide Windows computers on all floors of Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library. Macs are located on the second floor of Cabell Library. Your use of equipment is subject to Computer Regulations.
Computers have Microsoft Office Suite, Respondus Lockdown for secure Blackboard testing, GIMP image editor (PCs only) and statistical software SAS, SPSS, Mathematica, STATA and JMP via App2Go.
Spaces with computers, software and equipment for viewing, creating and editing multimedia include:
- Innovative Media and multimedia viewing room on the third floor of Cabell Library
- Multimedia Collaboration Room in the basement of Tompkins-McCaw Library
We lend assorted chargers, adapters, headphones, and calculators from service desks. Tompkins-McCaw Library also lends bluetooth presentation remotes and surge protectors.
Printers, copiers, scanners, fax machine
Affordable or free print, scan, copy, and fax services are available.
Tablets, ereaders, cameras, more
Apple iPads are available from both libraries for a nonrenewable three-day loan.
- Check iPad availability at Cabell Library
- Check iPad availability at Tompkins-McCaw Library
- iPad borrowing and fees
Ereaders are available from Cabell Library for a one week loan. We have loaded them up with classics by authors such as Charles Dickens and Toni Morrison and popular fiction such as the Twilight series.
There are four groups of Kindles, called "pods." Each pod has a different list of book titles.
- Book titles available: Pod A |Pod B |Pod C | Pod D
- Check Kindle availability: Pod A | Pod B | Pod C | Pod D
Cameras and A/V equipment
You can borrow a bicycle for up to 48 hours.