Equipment and Tools
The Innovative Media Department, on the lower level in Cabell Library, makes available for loan or use a range of cutting-edge technologies, softwares and other tools for learning, making, presenting or researching.
(PC and Mac) Scan images, slides, negatives, transparencies and text with Epson 11"x17" flatbeds and automatic document feeders. Draw with a Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet. Software includes Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Acrobat Pro X and more.
(PC Only) Capture from phonograph, cassette, digital audiotape, scanner (for scores), an M-Audio Key Rig 25 keyboard and other formats. Save as digital audio files or burn to audio CD. Stations are equipped with the Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS Card. Software includes Adobe Audition CC, Sound Forge 9.0, Sibelius 5, PhotoScore Ultimate and more.
Capture from VHS, Hi-8, DV Tape, DVD, camcorder and other formats. Export as analog or digital video, save as digital video files or burn to DVD or Blu-ray. These stations are equipped with Zone-free, All-region and Multi-format VHS/DVD players and analog to digital converters. Software includes Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Nero Video 5, Apple Final Cut X and more.
(PC Only) 5th Generation Makerbot Desktop Replicator 3D Printer, NextEngine Desktop 2020i 3D Laser Scanner and an Xbox One Kinect Sensor. Software includes AutoDesk Maya, 3ds Max, Unity, Sculptris, SketchUp, Steam, MeshMixer and more.
Equipment for Loan
Equipment items are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis. Loans are for three days with one renewal allowed by phone or email or face-to-face.
- Stereo Headphones to accompany stations
- GoPro Hero 3+ and Hero 4 camcorders
- Canon Rebel T3i and T6i DSLR Cameras
- Sony HDR-CX440 HD camcorder
- Sony HDR-CX290 camcorders
- Sony DCR-SR220 camcorders
- Sony Bloggie camcorders
- JVC Everio GZ-HM30 camcorders
- USB Endoscopic camera (16' cord, LED light)
- CamQuip fluid pan head tripods
- Portable green screen and Dracast Pro Light kit
- Projection Screens (70x70 and 36x39)
- Acer P1303W portable digital HD projector
- Epson 1945W portable digital HD projector
- Viewsonic PJD7820 portable digital HD projector
- RIF6 CUBE 2" Pico DLP High-Res Mobile Projector
- Samson Go USB mics
- Zoom H1 digital audio recorders
- Tascam HD-P2 field recorder
- Garmin eTrex 20X GPS unit
- Orion 27191 StarBlast 6i Telescope
- DBPOWER 5MP 20-300X USB Digital Microscope
- Sony VBD-MA1 plug-n-play Blu-ray/DVD burner
- Sony BDP-SX910 portable Blu-ray/DVD player (PAL-NTSC, All-region, Multi-zone)
- 9 in 1 Media and SDHD card readers
- USB thumb drives (32GB and 64GB)
- External harddrives (100GB, 200GB and 2TB)
- Plextor external DVD/CD RW drive
- Firewire, HDMI, USB, Display cords & adapters
- VHS-C to VHS adapters
- Slide projector
- Sound Ideas effects library (over 250 CDs)
The Innovative Media department is on the lower level of James Branch Cabell Library. Entry is via the lobby stairs or elevator.
Visit during open hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 827-3594.