Innovative Media Equipment
Reserve workstations or the group viewing/gaming room (Cabell Library, third floor) up to one week in advance. Consultations are available by appointment at (804) 827-3594 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scan images, slides, negatives, transparencies and text. Save as digital images, pdfs, documents and other formats or send to printer. These scanners are equipped with 11"x17" flatbeds and automatic document feeders. Software includes Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Acrobat Pro X and more. For large batch slide scanning, we recommend an orientation appointment for your first session.
(PC Only) Capture from phonograph, cassette, digital audiotape, scanner (for scores), an M-Audio Key Rig 25 keyboard and other formats. Save as digital audio files or burn to audio CD. Stations are equipped with the Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS Card. Software includes Sound Forge 9.0, Sibelius 5, PhotoScore Ultimate and more.
Capture from VHS, Hi-8, DV Tape, DVD, camcorder and other formats. Export as analog or digital video, save as digital video files or burn to DVD or Blu-ray. These stations are equipped with Zone-free, All-region and Multi-format HS/DVD players and analog to digital converters. Software includes Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Adobe After Effects CS6, NeroVision 5, Discreet Media Cleaner XL, Apple Final Cut X, DVD Studio Pro 3, Garage Band and more. Our newest addition is a 3D Animation station with AutoDesk Maya, 3ds Max, Unity, Sculptris, Steam and more.
Equipment for Loan
Equipment items are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis. Loans are for three days with one renewal allowed by phone or email or face-to-face.
- Stereo Headphones to accompany stations
- Sony HDR-CX290 camcorders
- Sony DCR-SR220 camcorders
- JVC Everio GZ-HM30 camcorders
- GoPro Hero3+ camcorders
- Sony Bloggie camcorders
- Canon Rebel T3i DSLR camera
- Olympus FE-4020 digital camera
- Acer P1303W portable digital projectors
- Epson PowerLite 1945W portable digital projectors
- Samson Go USB mics
- Zoom H1 digital audio recorders
- CamQuip fluid pan head tripods
- Portable green screen and lights
- Sony VBD-MA1 plug-n-play Blu-ray/DVD burner
- Sony BDP-SX910 portable Blu-ray/DVD player (PAL-NTSC, All-region, Multi-zone)
- 9 in 1 Media and SDHD card readers
- USB thumb drives (32GB and 64GB)
- Maxtor external harddrive (100GB and 200GB)
- Plextor external DVD/CD RW drive
- RCA, S-Video, Firewire, and USB cables/cords
- VHS-C to VHS adapters
- Slide projector
- Sound Ideas effects library (more than 250 CDs)
Reserve workstations up to one week in advance:
- PC and Mac multimedia computer stations (CD-ROMs, DVDs and Blu-rays)
- VHS and U-matic players with closed captioning
- International Format VHS recorder/players and Multiregion DVD players
- JVC Professional Series VHS to DVD Recorder
- DVD and Blu-ray players
- Laserdisc players
- Digital Audio Tape (DAT) players / recorders
- CD and phonograph players
- Audiocassette players and recorders
- 16 mm film and film loop projectors
- 35 mm slide and filmstrip viewers (w/ sound synchronization)
- Microform scanners (scan and save as .pdf or image file, then print or email)
Have special equipment needs? Contact us.