Cabell Library Study Spaces
Group Study — First and Second Floors
You'll find computing and collaborative study spaces, including group study rooms.
Quiet Study — Third and Fourth Floors
- Third Floor: Quiet, whisper-only study space
- Fourth Floor:
- Silent study areas
- Special Collections and Archives
Multimedia and Technology
- Innovative Media, third floor, is a media resource center open to all members of the VCU community. You may reserve work stations in advance.
- Group Viewing/Gaming Room, Room 310, seats up to 10 people and has a high-def 3-D monitor.
- Assistive Technology Room, Room 153, is wheelchair accessible and designed primarily for the visually-impaired.
- Library Instruction Classroom, Room 321
- Multipurpose Room, Room 250
The new library, opening in 2015, is designed to provide useful, creative and inspirational spaces to meet the needs of students today and tomorrow. 90% of the new spaces will be for students and researchers, not for materials or staff.