- Where are the restrooms?
- Where do I go to reserve a study room?
- Is there a phone I can use?
- Can I return books I check out at TML to the Cabell Library and vice-versa?
- I am on my way to your library to pick up a book you have, can you pull it from the shelf for me?
- Can I renew my books over the phone?
- Where do I pick up my ID? Where is the VCUCard office?
- Where are the books?
- Where are the journals?
- Where are the stacks?
- Where are the videos and cd's?
- Do you have any popular fiction?
- I'm here for a class. Where is the TML Classroom/ Distance Education Room?
- I'm not a staff member or student of VCU can I still print/copy?
- Where are the copiers/printers/RamBucks machine located?
- The computer says this book is "not checked out," but I went upstairs and it wasn't there. What do I do?
- How do I obtain an article from a journal that the VCU Libraries does not own?
- The catalog shows you have this book, but the location says the Cabell Library. Do I have to go all the way over there to get it?
- Are your hours the same as the Cabell Library?
- Where is the fax machine?
- What do I need to use my laptop in the library?
- What is my username and password?
- Are there vending machines anywhere in the library?
Q: Where do I go to reserve a study room?
A: The study rooms in TML are self-monitored and available on a first come, first serve basis. No reservations are required and none are accepted. Study rooms are located on the 2nd floor.
Q: Is there a phone I can use?
A: There is 1 courtesy phone at TML. It is located on the 1st (Main) floor around the corner, on the right, just before the women's restroom.
Q: Can I return books I check out at TML to the Cabell Library and vice-versa?
A: Yes, you can return any books you borrow from a VCU Library at either location.
Q: I am on my way to your library to pick up a book you have, can you pull it from the shelf for me?
A: No, TML does not have a paging service. All items are available to patrons on a first come first serve basis.
Q: Can I renew my books over the phone?
A: Yes, all borrowers may renew books by phone at (804) 828-1111 during all hours that Cabell Library is open. In addition, books may be renewed using the My Library Record or by bringing the books into either Tompkins-McCaw or Cabell Library.
Q: Where are the books?
A: The books are located on the 2nd floor just outside of the elevator/steps.
Q: Where are the journals?
A: The journals are shelved alphabetically starting in the basement with titles from A through Neuroscience Letters. The bound journals continue into stack levels A, B & C. Stacks D & E are currently empty.
Q: I'm here for a class. Where is the TML Classroom/ Distance Education Classroom?
A: The TML Classroom is located directly across from the elevator on the 2nd floor, room 2-006. The Distance Education Classroom is located beside the TML Classroom across from the videos and cd's on the 2nd floor, room 2-010.
Q: Where are the copiers/printers/RamBucks machine located?
A: A print station, RamBucks machine, Digital Sender and one photocopier are located in the glass enclosed Copy/Print Room located on the left across from the restrooms on the 1st floor. An additional photocopier and Digital Sender are located in the basement near the Multimedia section. There is also a print station located near the TML Classroom on the 2nd floor.
Q: The computer says this book is "not checked out," but I went upstairs and it was not there. What do I do?
A: Check the shelves above, below and to either side of where the item should be, and also check the "sorting" shelves" on the 2nd floor If you still do not see it, you can click on the Request link directly from the catalog.
Q: How do I obtain an article from a journal that the VCU Libraries does not own?
A: You may try looking the journal up online using another database, or you may request the article through ILLiad. If you need an article from a journal located at Cabell Library, use ILLiad to submit your request.
Q: The catalog shows you have this book or journal, but the location says "Cabell Library". Do I have to go all the way over there to get it?
A: No, if you are willing to wait, you can click Request directly from the catalog and have it sent over in a few days. If you are requesting an article from a journal at Cabell there will be a $5 document delivery fee .
Q: Are your hours the same as the Cabell Library?
A: No, the hours vary during the school year. You can view our hours of operation on the VCU Libraries web site or on the signs at the entrance of the library.
Q: What do I need to use my laptop in the library?
A: You will need to install special software called a VPN (virtual private network) on your laptop or PDA in order to access and use the wireless network. Windows users can download the software and view the instructions on the VPN Client page.
Q: What is my username and password?
A: Your username is your eID . This is the same username and password you use for VCU email and for Blackboard. VCU Technology Services provides an information page about the eID.