Cabell Library Undergraduate Committee
Charge to the Committee
The Cabell Library Undergraduate Advisory Committee (CLUAC) promotes the value of Cabell Library in the academic and social life of undergraduates at VCU. CLUAC advises VCU Libraries in matters related to service design and implementation, programming and student priorities. Specifically, committee members will:
- Advise and assist in the design and implementation of services affecting undergraduates.
- Attend one regular monthly meeting.
- Participate in a minimum of four library service activities annually. Opportunities include: writing articles or designing ads for the CLUAC newsletter; volunteering for Cabell events; sharing feedback on specific Cabell Library initiatives, etc.
- Promote use of the library to peers.
- Offer an undergraduate perspective on relevant library issues.
Who May Apply
Enrolled, full-time VCU undergraduates from all majors and ranks are encouraged to apply. Applications will be evaluated based on demonstrated enthusiasm and skills relevant to the position. VCU Libraries seeks a diverse group of service-oriented students who will represent the various needs and perspectives of the VCU undergraduate population. Applications are due in August for applicants interested in serving in the current academic year.
Download and complete the CLUAC Application, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org; deadline is Thursday, September 1, 2016.
Terms of Service and Compensation
The term of service for this position is one academic year from September to May. Committee members must be able to attend one meeting a month, which will take place on selected Fridays from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Also, members must participate in a minimum of four library service activities of their choosing. Committee members will receive a $100 service award upon successful completion of their term and these requirements.
- September 9, 2016
- October 7, 2016
- November 4, 2016
- December 2, 2016
- January 20, 2017
- February 10, 2017
- March 3, 2017
- April 7, 2017
2015-2016 CLUAC Members
- Ashley Rivera, Senior, Science (Health Preparation & Professional Science); & Criminal Justice
- Brandon Bailey, Junior, Psychology
- Bridget Ficaretta, Senior Interior Design
- Julia Smith, Freshman, Biomedical Engineering
- Katherine Williams, Senior, Communication Arts
- Lauren Hux, Freshman, Mathematics (Applied Mathematics & Secondary Teacher Preparation)
- Mack Edmondson, Sophomore, Biology, Pre-Med
- Minkyung Yang, Junior, Communication Arts
- Raymond Tighe, Junior, Environmental Sudies and Applied Mathematics
- Taylor Calicchia, Junior, Biology (Pre-Health / Pre-Medicine)
- Donna E. Coghill, Community Engagement Librarian
- Rachel A. McCaskill, Learning Technologies Librarian
Have questions or comments about CLUAC? Email email@example.com.