- Home /
- About Us /
- Advisory Committees /
- Tompkins-McCaw Library Student Advisory Committee
VCU Libraries is online while buildings are closed. VCU Libraries COVID-19 response
Tompkins-McCaw Library Student Advisory Committee
The Tompkins-McCaw Library Student Advisory Committee (TMLSAC) promotes an open and effective communication channel between the health sciences graduate and professional students and the VCU Libraries. The students may raise library issues to communicate with the Advisor. The Advisor will also bring issues affecting the health science student population to the committee.
The TMLSAC will advise the library in resources and services related to the health sciences student population. This will include but is not limited to:
- library programming
- library policy
- library vision and strategy
The Advisor will report to the Director of Tompkins-McCaw Library any comments or suggestions made at the TMLSAC meetings.
- Each member will be a graduate or professional student in the health sciences.
- The committee will consist of 12 members; two representatives from each of the health sciences schools (Allied Health Professional, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy), plus one post-doctoral and one undergraduate representative.
- Members serve September-April.
- Members will be compensated with an honorarium of $100 for attending all meetings
- TMLSAC will meet every month at noon for one-hour lunch meetings.
- Attendance is required. If you are unable to attend a meeting, please contact the Advisor as soon as possible to schedule a make-up meeting.
- Meeting minutes will be posted on the TMLSAC Blog within one week after the meeting.
- Stephen Barkley, operations librarian, email@example.com