VCU Libraries offers a variety of tour options to help students, staff and faculty become acquainted with the buildings and their services.
Virtual or Self-Guided Tour
Virtual and self-guided tours can be taken on your own time, at your own pace. Tour options.
during VCU’s Weeks of Welcome (August 15-September 4):
Start off your semester by taking a tour of Cabell Library. A tour gives you an overview of the vast resources and spaces available to you as a student. Join us on a 30-minute tour of Cabell Library. Tours start in the lobby by the Fall Line Bench; no reservation required. Free and open to all.
- Tuesday, August 16: 12 noon and 2 p.m.
- Friday, August 19: 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 22: 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 24: 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 30: noon and 4 p.m.
- Thursday, September 1: 11 a.m and 5 p.m.
For accommodations or questions, please contact Mikayla Braswell, Undergraduate Student Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The Workshop Tours
Interested in creating with technology of all kinds? Tour The Workshop in Cabell Library to learn about the free resources you have access to: Cameras, audio recorders, sewing machines, 3D printers, laser cutters, VR, studios, workstations with specialty software, and expert staff to help with academic and personal projects! 15-minute tours start in The Workshop, on the Lower Level. Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online.
- Tuesday, August 16: 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 19: 11:30 a.m and 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 22: 1:30 p.m and 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 24: 11:30 a.m and 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 30: 12:30 p.m and 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 1: 11:30 a.m and 5:30 p.m.
Health Sciences Library Tours
- Open House: Tuesday, Aug. 23 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Maker Space Open House: Thursday, Aug. 25 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
VCUarts Library Tours | Friday, August 26, 2022
Learn about the resources, services, and expertise available at Cabell Library, with a focus on the arts. In this curated tour, art librarians will guide you through finding:
- Visual and performing arts books and magazines;
- Unique collections like Comic Arts and Book Art in Special Collections and Archives;
- Tools and spaces for producing creative work in The Workshop, the library’s maker space;
- And much more
Each 45-minute tour will be capped at 20 participants, so please register using the links below.
- 1:00 pm tour registration: https://vcu.libcal.com/
- 2:00 pm tour registration: https://vcu.libcal.com/
- 3:00 pm tour registration: https://vcu.libcal.com/
After registration, if your plans change and you can no longer attend the tour, please use the cancellation link included in your confirmation email to free a spot for another participant.
information about future tours is forthcoming.
image: James Branch Cabell and Health Sciences Library front entrances