Friends of VCU Libraries Annual Book Sale
Room B7, James Branch Cabell Library
901 Park Avenue, Richmond, VA 23284
The Friends of VCU Libraries will offer a wide selection of novels, academic texts, movie DVDs, music CDs and much more. Most items in the sale each year are donated by Friends, community members, and current VCU alumni, faculty and staff. Proceeds from the sale support VCU Libraries programs and collections.
Monday, October 21: Noon–8 p.m.
Tuesday, October 22: 9 a.m.–8 p.m.
Wednesday, October 23: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thursday, October 24: 9 a.m.–5 p.m. **Special ½ price sale
Friday, October 25: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.**Special ½ price sale
Preview sale for Friends of VCU Libraries donors: Monday, October 21: 9 a.m.–Noon
- The preview sale is open to current, card-holding Friends of VCU Libraries donors only. Friends donations, at the Friends annual leadership level or above, must be received by noon on Monday, October 14, 2013, in order to be processed in time for the preview sale. For more information, see our Friends o of VCU Libraries page. You must present your current Friends donor card for admission. Everyone at the preview sale must have his or her own donor card.
- To enter the preview sale, you must line up in the designated area in the basement. You must be present in the line to hold your place and cannot use a box, coat or other object as a placeholder. At 9 a.m., a volunteer will begin checking VCU Friends of the Library membership cards and allowing entrance to the preview sale one person at a time.
- You may not use scanners and other hand-held devices to check the barcodes and values of books or other items during the preview sale.
- You may not remove books or other items from the sale shelves and put them aside to sort through them later. If you form a pile of books, fill a box with books, cover books with a blanket or in some other way stake claim to books in a way that discourages other shoppers from looking through them, we will consider the books yours and expect you to pay for them.
- You may not remove books or other items from the sale area until they have been purchased.
- You may not block the aisles with stacks of books, with boxes, with blankets or with other objects.
- We will have reusable VCU Libraries tote bags for sale at the pay window, but if you would prefer to carry your purchases in other bags or in boxes or other containers, please bring your own.
- Payment can be made by credit card, cash, RamBucks or a personal check. For personal checks, you must show a current photo ID.
- Because of limited staffing, we cannot help you to load books or other items into your vehicle, nor can we loan carts.
- The loading dock behind the library is a private, ticketed area for use by authorized vehicles only. It cannot be used for sale parking and special access or for loading purchases into your vehicle.
- Library computers are for use by VCU students, faculty, staff and other university affiliates for research purposes only.