The VCU Libraries Faculty Organization provides a forum to express opinions and concerns freely; to exercise educational, advisory, administrative, and service functions; and to participate in University governance. Each person who has a faculty appointment with VCU Libraries is a member of the Faculty Organization.
- Faculty Organization Bylaws
- Faculty Organization Standing Rules
- Faculty Promotion Guidelines
- VCU Libraries Faculty Open Access Resolution
Officers serve one-year terms. Term of office begins July 1.
- Emily Davis Winthrop (Chair, -2018)
- Eric Johnson (Vice-Chair, -2018)
- Talicia Tarver (Secretary, -2018)
Peer Review Committee
Members serve three-year terms. Term of office begins May 1.
- John Cyrus (Chair, -2019)
- Pattie Sobczak (-2018)
- Ibironke Lawal (-2020)
- My Guidarelli (Alternate, -2019)
The Nominating Committee is appointed by the chair each academic year.
- Mary Anne Dyer
- Yuki Hibben
- Shirley Thomas
Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee is appointed by the chair each academic year.
- Patricia Sobczak (Chair)
- Nita Bryant
- Dana Ladd
Representatives serve three-year terms; alternates serve for one year. Term of office begins August 15.
- Carla-Mae Crookendale (-2019)
- Denise Branch (-2020)
- John Glover (1st Alternate, -2018)
- Teresa Doherty (2nd Alternate, -2018)
Representatives and alternates serve two-year terms. Term of office begins at the start of the academic year.
- Libby McDaniel (-2018)
- Emily Hurst (Alternate, -2018)
- Amanda Echterling (-2019)
University Grievance Panel
Representative and alternate serve three-year terms. Term of office begins August 15.
- Julie Arendt (-2018)
- Nita Bryant (Alternate, -2019)