New free online careers guide aids job-seekers
April 15, 2013
Charting your after-graduation or summer path? Finishing your academic program and planning the next steps? Looking for a job or internship? Thinking about launching your own business or starting a nonprofit?
VCU Libraries, in partnership with University Career Services, now offers a handy, one-stop, online guide about how to use library resources to research companies and industries.
- annual reports
- up-to-date business news (Dow Jones Factiva)
- company profiles (Hoover's, Mergent Online, Company Research Guide)
- industry trends (IBISWorld, Plunkett Research Online, Mintel, Sandard & Poor's Net Advantage)
- profiles of private and public companies
- job seeker resources and tools
- information about nonprofits and government jobs (A-Z Index of U.S. Government and more)
- an inside look at jobs and companies (Glassdoor)
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings (EDGAR)
For one-on-one coaching on how to use the new careers guide, contact Peacemaker at email@example.com or (804) 828-8960.
The research guide augments the career center's existing programming, which includes a wide range of services to support students and alumni in career development. These include assisting at every stage of the job-search process--from choosing a major, to assessing strengths, from referring and managing recruiting events to helping candidates prepare for interviews. About the University Career Center
Members of the Friends of the Libraries and others with VCU electronic ID have access to materials.