Services streamlined during Dec. 28-Jan. 9 Intersession.
December 11, 2015
Intersession at VCU offers more than 40 three=credit courses in a compressed Dec. 28-Jan. 9 minimester. Services at Cabell Library during Intersession are streamlined:
- Hours are reduced, with the library closing at 6 or 8 p.m. daily.
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services do not operate during VCU’swinter break. Services resumes Jan. 4.
- Retrieval of books and DVDs from storage will not be possible from Dec. 19 until Jan. 4.
- To book a DVD or film to show in class, use the online form no later than noon on Dec. 17
Library patrons will also experience continuing construction-related noise and activity, particularly on the first floor of Cabell Library. This includes ongoing renovation and expansion of Starbucks, which may include some announced or unannounced closures. Work currently scheduled during Intersession at Cabell Library:
- Demolishing the current Information Services desk;
- Building a new printer center;
- Replacing the main elevator lobby graphics due to construction damage;
- Repairing the elevator cabs damaged during construction;
- Cleaning and sealing the granite floor tile;
- Demolishing the former Innovative Media space on the third floor and returning it to study space.
Other work scheduled during winter break may spill over into Intersession. Find updates on the VCU Libraries homepage and on our construction updates website.