Undergraduate students: Apply for library inclusive excellence fellowship by April 26
March 18, 2019
VCU Libraries encourages undergraduate students from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups who are interested in librarianship to apply for the 2019-2020 Association of Research Libraries Fellowship for Digital and Inclusive Excellence by April 26.
This year, VCU Libraries has been proud to host VCU student Stephanie Jones as one of the 2018-19 ARL Digital and Inclusive Excellence Fellows.
Applicants must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate at VCU or another ARL Library;
- Identify as being from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group and be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Express an interest in exploring possible career and graduate school options in the library and information science or archives field as well as training in diversity, inclusion and social justice topics; and
- Express commitment to the fundamental values and mission of libraries and archives.
The program offers:
- A paid internship for the 2019-2020 school year with a focus on digital stewardship in a partner library
- Participation in a leadership symposium
- Formal mentorship
- Financial support for student membership in a professional organization
- Attendance at a capstone institute
- In addition to work experience, fellows will develop leadership skills and will receive training in topics related to diversity, equity and social justice.
Apply by April 26
Complete the application at the ARL website, including resume, 500-word essay, transcripts and references by April 26. If you want to talk about your application or VCU Libraries, please contact Kathy Bradshaw, Assistant University Librarian for Organizational Development.
- More information about the Fellowship for Digital and Inclusive Excellence
- Components of the program
- This year's fellows