Alumni benefits expanding in partnership with VCU Alumni
July 12, 2013
Research is at the center of success in academic life. And, it also can be vital to success in professional and community work. Alumni can glean access to valuable library resources through an enhanced partnership with Virginia Commonwealth University Alumni.
In a broader sense, VCU Libraries also strives to be a strong connection to lifelong learning for alumni. Benefits include:
- Library borrowing privileges
- Use of library services and facilities in James Branch Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library with a personal borrower's card
- Invitations to Friends of the Library-sponsored lectures and events
- Preview admission to the annual Friends of the Library book sale
- Subscription to the Friends of the Library e-newsletter
While all Friends members have access to library materials inside our buildings, alumni can gain remote access--from home or office--to databases purchased for alumni use. They can access Academic Search and Business Source databases and, in early 2014, additional products will become available. For access to the online journals database, alumni must be members of the alumni association. Users get access through the alumni association's website.
Designed for the research needs of the post-college professional, this database provides full text for more than 3,350 journals as well as indexing and abstracting for more than 8,200 journals. The database offers information in nearly every area of academic and professional study, including biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, psychology, religion and theology and more. Academic Search Alumni Edition also includes valuable peer-reviewed, full-text journals offering critical information from many sources.
- Academic Search Full Text Titles
- Academic Search Magazine & Journal Titles
- Academic Search Other Sources Titles
This database provides 1,450 full-text business magazines and journals, 750 peer-reviewed, and includes publications in nearly every area of business including marketing, management, accounting, finance, econometrics and economics. Business Source Alumni Edition includes full-text trade publications and top management journals. Additional full-text sources include country economic reports, industry reports, market research reports, company profiles and more.
- Business Source Full Text Titles
- Business Source Magazine & Journals Titles
- Business Source Other Sources Titles