July 9, 2013
Libraries have always been on the vanguard of technical innovation. Along with preserving information and providing access to it, libraries are also increasingly places where information is created and shared. Leveraging our expertise and infrastructure in technology and providing facilities and equipment today’s users need, we foster an environment that encourages academic inquiry, scholarship and creative expression.
Goals are to become VCU’s center for new and evolving uses of media for course-related and research needs and also to:
- Collaborate with members of the university community to design services and educational programs;
- Design a new physical space for a state-of-the-art media studio in the new Monroe Park Library, which will open in 2015;
- Convene conversations and serve as a trusted resource for the university community;
- Expand programming such as the 2013 Digital Pragmata series of workshops for faculty.
Innovative Media at VCU
- Eric Johnson named Head, Innovative Media
- Video and line-up from 2013 Digital Pragmata events
- Workshops and training sessions
- Equipment and locations
Members of the VCU community are invited to reach out to Johnson and share their interests and ideas. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 828-2802.
< Previous | Next >