Barbara J. Anderson
Head, Metadata and Discovery
Collections and Discovery, Metadata and Discovery
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 230-D
- M.A. Music, University of Iowa, 1976
- M.A. Library Science, University of Iowa, 1974
- B.A. Music, Luther College, 1973
- Certificate Advanced Study in Library Automation, Louisiana State University, 1989
Previous professional experience
- Head, Cataloging Department, 1983-2013
- Interim Head, Bibliographic Services, VCU Libraries, 1990-1992
- Cataloger, VCU Libraries, 1982-1983
- Interlibrary Cooperation Consultant, Warren County Library, 1980-1982
- Children's Librarian, Warren County Library, 1979-1980
- Children's Librarian, Winona Public Library, 1974-1975
- Cataloging and Classification, EDU 597, School of Education, VCU
- Cataloging and Classification, LSC606, School of Library and Information Science, Catholic University
- Anderson, B. (2013). In the beginning … there was netLibrary. Presented at the annual meeting of the Potomac Technical Processing Librarians.
- Anderson, B. (2009). Library Control Freaks Meet Marcive: Using Perl Scripts and Aleph Loaders to Manage Government Document Records. Presented at poster session, ELUNA Annual Conference.
- Anderson, B. & Ghaphery, J. (2000). Generating MARC records from a database of aggregator electronic journal titles. Presented at poster session, ALA Annual Conference.
- Anderson, B. & Ghaphery, J. (2000). Generation of MARC records from VCU's ejournal database. Presented at VIVA Forum on Access to Electronic Journals.
- Anderson, B. (2001). Web lists or OPACS: Can we have our cake and eat it, too? Library Computing, 18(4).
- American Library Association
- International Relations Round Table
- Association for Library Collections and Technical Services
- Potomac Technical Processing Librarians