Science and Engineering Research Librarian
Research and Learning, Academic Outreach
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 121-J
- M.S.I. Library and Information Services, University of Michigan, 2005
- B.S. Chemistry and Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1996
Previous professional experience
- Science and Engineering Reference Librarian, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, 2005-2013
- Library Assistant, Cataloging, University of Michigan Libraries, 2005
- Library Assistant, Reference, Shapiro Science Library, University of Michigan, 2003-2005
- Introduction to College Research, Curriculum and Instruction 199, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Gau, K. H., & Arendt, J. (2015). Reflections on A Librarian's Guide to NCBI. Retrieved from National Network of Libraries of Medicine.
- Pedersen, L.A. & Arendt, J. (2014). Decrease in free computer science papers found through Google Scholar. Online Information Review, 38(3).
- Arendt, J. & Lotts, M. (2012). What liaisons say about themselves and what faculty say about their liaisons, a U.S. survey. portal: Libraries and the Academy, 12(2), 155-177. doi: 10.1353/pla.2012.0015
- Arendt, J. & Graves, S. J. (2011). Virtual question changes: Reference in evolving environments. Reference Services Review, 39(2), 187-205. doi: 10.1108/00907321111135448
- Arendt, J. (2010). Are Article Influence Scores comparable across scientific fields? Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship, 60.
- Arendt, J. & Wagner, C. (2010). Beyond description: Converting Web site usage statistics into concrete site improvement ideas. Journal of Web Librarianship, 4(1), 37-54. doi: 10.1080/19322900903547414
- Arendt, J. (2008). Imperfect tools: Google Scholar vs. traditional commercial library databases. Against the Grain, 20(2), 26, 28, 30.
- Arendt, J. (2007). How do psychology researchers find studies to include in meta-analyses? Behavioral and Social Sciences Librarian, 26(1), 1-23. doi: 10.1300/J103v26n01_01
- Arendt, J., Nabe, J., Imre, A., Baillargeon, T., Turtle, B. (2010). Digging for buried treasure: strategies for promoting institutional repositories. Presented at Electronic Resources and Libraries, Austin, TX. Abstract available at Electronic Resources and Libraries.
- Arendt, J. (2007). Blogging faculty publications. Poster session presented at the annual SLA conference, Denver, CO, in June 2007 and online in October 2007.
- Special Libraries Association
- American Library Association