Web Systems Librarian
Scholarly Communications and Publishing, Digital Engagement
Cabell Library, Room 234-D
- M.L.I.S, University of Washington, 2013
- B.A., Theater, Stanford University, 2007
Previous professional experience
- Online User Experience Librarian, Old Dominion University Libraries, 2016-2017
- Information Delivery Services Librarian, Old Dominion University Libraries, 2013-2016
- Brewer, A. (2018). Your Web Team is ruining your website and bringing everybody down: how to manage a library website with minimal resources and maximum buy-in and still enjoy your job. Presented at Designing for Digital.
- Brewer, A. (2017). "Diversity and User Experience." Lead, discussion group at Virginia Library Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Brewer, A., Lo, L. (2017). Utilizing public services staff to test web assessment tools and create a sustainable iterative usability testing framework. Presented at Empirical Librarians.
- Brewer, A., Lawton, C., Rhoades, J. (2016). Act to the future: utilizing scenario planning to shape a strategic plan. Presented at Maryland Library Association Annual Conference.
- Brewer, A., Rush, L., Stott, R. (2015). Jargon-free librarianing: speaking the language of our patrons. Presented at Virginia Library Association Annual Conference Poster Session.
- Brewer, A., Edwards, D., Hoeppner, A., Rhoades, R. (2014). How relevant are your results? Supporting topical research in discovery services. Presented at Coalition for Networked Information.
- American Library Association
- Library Information Technology Association
- User Experience
- Women in Information Technology
- Virginia Library Association
- Library information systems design; web development; web usability; emerging library technologies; user experience design; information architecture; diversity in information technology; linked data; ontology design; open design