Head, Collection Analysis and Investment
Collections and Discovery, Collection Analysis and Investment
James Branch Cabell Library , Room 205
- M.P.A. Public Administration, VCU, 2006
- M.L.S. Library Science, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 1990
- B.A. Government, College of William and Mary, 1979
Previous professional experience
- Computer Resources Cataloging Librarian, VCU, 1999
- Catalog Librarian, VCU, 1992-1998
- Collection Management Librarian, VCU, 1992-1994, 1996-1997
- Reference Librarian, VCU, 1990-1992
- Control and Retrieval of Information, HONR 399, VCU
- Organization of Information, Catholic University of America
- Cary, K. & Dyer, M.D. (2011). Presentation on lending e-readers and iPads at the VASLA Summer Program.
- Cary, K. (2007). Presenter and panel member at Third Annual Society for Scholarly Publishing Focus Group: Role of Librarians in the 21st Century.
- Cary, K. & Ogburn, J. (2000). Developing a consortial approach to cataloging and intellectual access. Library Collections, Acquisitions and Technical Services, 24(1): 45-51.
- Cary, K. & Guidarelli, N. (1999). Untapped resource: Art students cataloging art exhibition catalogs at Virginia Commonwealth University. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, 26(4): 63-75.
Selected university service
- Graduate Programs and Courses, Ad Hoc
Selected VCU Libraries service
- E-reader Task Force, Chair, 2011
- American Library Association
- ALA Association for Library Collections and Technical Services
- Collection Management and Development Section
- Acquisitions Section
- Virginia Library Association, College and University Section
- Potomac Technical Processing Librarians