Karen H. Gau
Health Sciences Collections Librarian
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Collections
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room 144
- M.S. Library and Information Studies, Florida State University, 2013
- B.S. Chemistry, Biochemistry concentration, VCU, 2010
- B.A. Individualized Study, Environmentalism and Philosophy, New York University, 2001
- Certificate in Information Architecture, Florida State University, 2013
Previous professional experience
- Intern, Tompkins-McCaw Library, 2013
- Account Support Associate, Drug Sample Analysis Department, AIBioTech, 2012-2013
- Circulation and Archival Assistant, Library of Virginia, 2011-2012
- Volunteer, Library of Virginia, 2010-2011, 2013
- Archives Cataloging Volunteer, Valentine Richmond History Center, 2010-2011
- Biology of Seed Plants, Biology Department, VCU (Teaching Assistant)
- Biology Supplemental Instruction Leader, Campus Learning Center, VCU
Selected presentations and publications
- Gau, K. H., & Arendt, J. (2015). Reflections on A Librarian's Guide to NCBI. Retrieved from National Networks of Libraries of Medicine.
Gau, K., Breathwaite, E., Levin, J., Fraley, E., Elhai, J., Chiu, W. (2009). What does it take for Gunnera plants to form N2-fixing symbiosis with cyanobacteria? Poster presentation at the 26th Annual Mid-Atlantic Plant Molecular Biology Society Meeting.
- Pho, A., Chou, R. L., & Gau, K. H. (2015). The 2014 Minnesota Institute For Early Career Librarians: Personal Vision. Retrieved from Asian Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA).
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Medical Library Association
- American Association for the Advancement of Science