Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Communications and Publishing
Scholarly Communications and Publishing
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 234-A
- M.Ed. Adult Education, VCU, 1998
- M.T. Teaching, VCU, 1993
- B.A. English, College of William and Mary, 1985
Previous Professional Experience
- Librarian for Instructional Technology, VCU, 1998-2004
- Library Assistant, Reference Services, VCU, 1993-1997
- Honors module on Google
- Honors module on Information Technology Crossing Boundaries
- Ghaphery, J., Baggett, M., McNulty, and Owens (2016). “Territory Folks Should all be Pals: Qualitative Use of Search Logs to Improve Confidence in and Communication about a Library Discovery Service”. Presented at Ex Libris Users of North America Annual Conference.
- Ghaphery, J. (2015). “Getting to No: Promoting Scholarly Communications Initiatives”. Presented at Advancing Research Communication & Scholarship Conference.
- Ghaphery, J. (2013). Alma openURL migration strategies. Presented at Ex Libris Users of North America Annual Conference.
- Ghaphery, J., McNulty, T., Teague-Rector, S. (2009). Location, location, location: A transaction comparison of catalog searches originating from the library homepage and Aleph. Presented at Ex Libris Users of North America Annual Conference.
- Ghaphery, J. (2001). Advanced searchers???. Presented at Virginia Library Association (VLA) Annual Conference.
- Ghaphery, J, Owens, E. et al. (2016). “Building Bridges with Logs: Collaborative Conversations about Discovery across Library Departments”. Code4Lib Journal, (32).
- Corbett, Ghaphery, Byrd, and Work. (2015). “Open Source vs Hosted”. Making Institutional Repositories Work. Purdue University Press.
- Ghaphery, J. & White, E. (2012). Library use of web-based research guides. Information Technology and Libraries, 31(1).
- Ghaphery, J. & Teague-Rector, S. (2008). Designing search: Effective search interfaces for academic library websites. Journal of Web Librarianship, 2(4).
- Ghaphery, J. (2005) Too quick? Log analysis of Quick Links from an academic library website. OCLC Systems & Services, 21(3).
- Ghaphery J. & Ream D. (2000) VCU's My Library: Librarians love It. . . . users? Well, maybe. Information Technology and Libraries (ITAL), 19(4).
Selected University Service
- Technology Advisory Group
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- Peer Review Committee
- American Library Association
- Library Information Technology Association