Collections and Discovery, Metadata and Discovery
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 230
- M.L.S. Library Science, University of Pittsburgh, 1992
- M.A. American Studies, Pennsylvania State University, 1982
- M.A. English, Universite de Toulouse-le-Mirail, Toulouse, France, 1979
- B.A. English, Universite de Toulouse-Le-Mirail, Toulouse, France, 1977
Previous professional experience
- Part-time Reference Librarian, Dauphin County Library Systems, 1992
- Senior Clerk, Technical Services, Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg, 1987-1991
- Adjunct faculty for VCU French Language Department, School of World Studies, teaching elementary and intermediate levels
- 2015, co-taught an online course related to UCI Bike Race: The Tour
- Freshman Orientation
- Texts and Contexts: The Vietnamese Diaspora
- Guidarelli, M. (2000). Establishment of Vietnamese personal names: A modest proposal. Technical Services Quarterly, 18(2).
- Guidarelli, M. & Cary, K.F. (1998). Untapped resources: Art students cataloging art exhibition catalogs at Virginia Commonwealth University. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, 26(4).
- Guidarelli, M. (1996). My name is America. In T.Y. Neely and K. Abif (Eds.) In their own voices: The new faces of librarianship. (Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 125-138).
- Guidarelli, M. (2015). Loading WorldShare Updated Records into Local Catalog. Presented at OCLC presentation, ALA, San Francisco.
- Guidarelli, M. (2015). Colloquium on Terrorist Attacks in France. VCU French Department, School of World Studies.
Selected university and library service
- Office of Multicultural Students Affairs/Aramark Diversity Scholarship Committee
- VCU Undergraduate Research Conference, Panel Chair
- Evaluator of Vietnamese language proficiency for the School of World Studies
- Boren Fellowship Review Committee
- Fulbright Fellowship Review Committee
- Critical Language Scholarship Committee
- Library Diversity Committee member/chair, 2015-17
- American Library Association
- Foreign Languages Association of Virginia