Assistant Head and Curator of Books and Art, Special Collections and Archives
Research and Learning, Special Collections and Archives
James Branch Cabell Library
- M.S.L.S. Library and Information Science, Catholic University of America, 2006
- M.F.A. Sculpture, Tyler School of Art, Temple University, 1992
- B.A. Fine Arts, College of William and Mary, 1988
- Certification, Academy of Certified Archivists, 2012
- Modern Archives Institute, National Archives and Records Administration, 2011
Previous professional experience
- Interim Head of Special Collections and Archives, James Branch Cabell Library, 2010-2011
- Collection Librarian for the Arts, VCU Libraries, 2005-2010
- Archival Assistant, Special Collections and Archives, James Branch Cabell Library, 2001-2005
- Archives Assistant, Special Collections and Archives, College of William and Mary, 2001
- Marketing Manager, Goodwin College of Evening and Professional Studies, Drexel University, 2000-2001
- Book Arts, GDES 491, Department of Graphic Design, School of the Arts, VCU
- The Portrait as Community, PHTO 491, Department of Photography and Film, VCU
- The Photobook, PHTO 491, Department of Photography and Film, VCU
- Visual Communications 203, Department of Photography and Film, VCU
- Design Fundamentals 103 and 104, Art Foundations Department, VCU
- Conceptualization and Presentation 109, Art Foundations Department, VCU
- Three-Dimensional Design, Temple University
- Hibben, Y. (2013). Crafting hybrid library/studio courses to enhance the arts curriculum. Presented at ARLIS/NA Annual Conference.
- Hibben, Y. (2013). Opening the page: The evolution of artists' books. Presented in conjunction with the exhibition "The Art of the Book," University of Mary Washington Galleries.
- Hibben, Y. (2012). The portrait as community: Primary sources for creative outcomes. Presented within the session "Embedded: Special Collections & Archives in the Academic Curriculum" at MARAC Fall Meeting.
- Hibben, Y. with Finzer, N. (2011). Images unleashed: Expanding beyond traditional disciplines. Presented at ARLIS/NA Annual Conference.
- Dyer, M.A. & Hibben, Y. (2011). Collaboration in developing a book art genre index. Poster presentation at ARLIS/NA Annual Conference.
- Hibben, Y. (2010). Thesis committees: Integrating instruction and research into studio culture. Presented at ARLIS/NA Annual Conference.
- Hibben, Y. & Keogh, K. (2008). A place for us: Art students in the centralized academic library. Poster presentation at ARLIS/NA Annual Conference.
- Hibben, Y. & Dyer, M.A. (2012). Developing a book art genre headings index. Art Documentation, 31(1).
Selected university service
- Faculty Senate
Selected VCU Libraries service
- Web Redesign Task Force
- Diversity Committee, Chair, 2011-2013
- Visual Resources Center Closure Task Force, Chair, 2010
- Academy of Certified Archivists
- American Library Association
- Art Libraries Society of North America
- Art Libraries Society/DC-MD-VA Chapter
- 2014 Conference Planning Committee
- Asian Pacific American Librarians Organization
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference
- Society of American Archivists
Collection management subject areas
- Special collections and archives
- Library partnerships and community engagement; collection development; the arts in special collections and archives