Events and Programs Coordinator
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 314-S
- M.F.A. Creative Writing, VCU, 2011
- B.A. Philosophy, Minor in Creative Writing, College of Charleston, 2004
- Writing and Rhetoric Workshop II, ENGL-200, VCU
- Honors Reading and Writing of Fiction and Poetry, ENGL-295, VCU
- Distinguished Advocacy Award, presented by VCU Students Advocating Violence Education and Support and the VCU Wellness Resource Center, for advocacy for and assistance with two installations marking Domestic Violence Awareness Month, April 2016.
- Crab Orchard Series in Poetry First Book Award, presented by Crab Orchard Review and Southern Illinois University for book-length manuscript The Primitive Observatory, September 2014.
- Kimbrell, Gregory. (2017). "Kenmashiage (Abrasion)." Whatever Our Souls, 3.
- Kimbrell, Gregory. (2017). "The Extinct Volcano." Whatever Our Souls, 2.
- Kimbrell, Gregory. (2017). "Abandonment" and "Symbiosis." Parentheses, 1.
- Kimbrell, Gregory. (2016). "Nocturne (Tremors of the Earth)." Verse Daily, 2016 July 23.
- Kimbrell, Gregory. (2016). The Primitive Observatory. Southern Illinois University Press.
- Kimbrell, Gregory. (2015). "1900 Gibbon Street," "The Age of Miracles," "The Succulent Flowers" and "Between the Something and the Nothing..." Blackbird, 14(2).
- Kimbrell, Gregory. (2015). "The Advance of the Glacier." Laurel Review, 48(1), reprinted in Poetry Daily, 2016 November 12.
- Kimbrell, Gregory. (2014). "Gray Roses." Abaculi Project, 1.
Selected university service
- Building Inclusive Communities Workshop (October 2017)
- Fulbright Application Review Panel (September–October 2017)
- Campaign Launch Committee (April 2015–September 2016)
- Safe Zone Training (September 2016)
Selected literary community activities
- Writers at VCU, co-president (2005–present)
- English Department Creative Writing Awards, judge for undergraduate poetry (2012–present)
- Abaculi Project online literary journal, copyeditor (2014)
- The Darkening Trapeze—Last Poems by Larry Levis, copyeditor (2012, 2014)
- Atlas Hour by Carol Ann Davis, copyeditor (2011)