Archivist and Head, TML Special Collections and Archives
Tompkins-McCaw Library, TML Special Collections and Archives
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room 1-032
- M.A. History, Old Dominion University, 1989
- B.A. History, Old Dominion University, 1976
- Archival and Historical Administration, VCU
- Archives and Archival Administration, VCU
- Archives and Society, HISP 303, Mary Washington College
- Koste, J. (2017) Sadie Heath Cabaniss: Daughter of Virginia and pioneer nurse of the Commonwealth, Presented at History Forum, University of Virginia School of Nursing
- Koste, J. (2015) Anatomists, medical education, and cadavers at the Medical College of Virginia Presented at Community Forum, East Marshall Street Well Project
- Koste, J. (2014) Virginia Heritage: “Still standing after all these years,” Presented Spring meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference
- Koste, J. (2010) Effects of the Civil War on Medical Education in the South Presented at Museum of the Confederacy Seminar, Binding the Wounds, 1861-2010
- Koste, J. (2008) Deception, dissection, and resurrection: Anatomical instruction in 19th century Virginia Presented at University of Virginia Medical Center Hour Lecture Series
- Owsley, D., Bruwelheide, K, Jantz, R, Koste, J. and Outlaw, M. (2017) Skeletal Evidence of anatomical and surgical training in nineteenth-century Richmond. In C. K. Nystrom (Ed.), The Bioarchaeology of Dissection and Autopsy in the United States. New York: Springer
- Koste, J. (2016). Sadie Heath Cabaniss: Mother of professional nursing in Virginia. In C.A. Kiener and S. G. Treadway (Eds.) Virginia Women: Their Lives and Times. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press.
- Koste, J. (2009). Medical school for a nation: The Medical College of Virginia, 1860-1865. In J.M. Schmidt (Ed.), Years of change and suffering: Modern perspectives on Civil War medicine. Roseville, MN: Edinborough Press.
- Bonis, R., Koste, J., Lyons, C. (2006). Virginia Commonwealth University. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing.
- Koste, J. (1999). John Peter Mettauer. American National Biography, 15: 390-391.
Selected university service
- Heritage Room Committee, School of Nursing
- Heritage Committee, School of Pharmacy
- American Association for the History of Medicine
- Editor of AAHM NewsLetter
- Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference
- Society of American Archivists
Collection management subject areas
- Tompkins-McCaw Library Special Collections
- History of nursing; Civil War medicine; archival education