Budget and Assessment Director
James Branch Cabell Library, 314-J
- Ph.D. Candidate, Public Policy and Administration, VCU
- M.A. History, VCU, 2003
- B.S. Business Administration, VCU, 1994
Previous professional experience
- Chief Financial Officer, VCU Libraries and Head, Libraries Business Office, VCU, 2007-2011
- Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of History, VCU, 2000-2002
- Rawls, M. (2015). Looking for Links: How Faculty Research Productivity Correlates with Library Investment and Why Electronic Library Materials Matter Most. Evidence Based Library And Information Practice, 10(2), 34-44.
- Rawls, M. (2014). Looking for links: Do universities produce more scholarship when their libraries invest more in electronic resources? In I. Hall, S. Thorton, and S. Town (Eds), Proceedings of the 10th Northrumbria Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries and Information Services (pp. 253-7). York, UK: University of York.
- Rawls, M. (2013) Measuring the Impact of Electronic Library Materials on the University's Research Mission. In S. Hiller, K. Kyrillidou, A. Pappalardo, J. Self, and A. Yeager (Eds.), Proceeding of the 2012 Library Assessment Conference (pp. 67-75). Washington: Association of Research Libraries.
- Rawls, M. M. (2013). Custom ClimateQUAL results: De-aggregating gender results by division, race and rank. Presented at the ClimateQUAL Partner’s Meeting, ALA Midwinter Conference, Seattle, WA.
- Rawls, M. M. (2012). Measuring the impact of electronic library materials on the university's research mission. Presented at the ARL Library Assessment Conference, Charlottesville, VA.
- Rawls, M. M. (2012). Looking for links: How the availability of electronic library materials impacts scholarly research productivity. Presented at VLACRL/VLA Annual Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Lawal, I. & M. M. Rawls. (2011). LibQUAL+ - library as a place: Before and after. Presented at ALA Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
Selected VCU Libraries service
- Ithaka Faculty Survey Taskforce, Chair, 2014-present
- Diversity Committee, ex officio, 2011-present
- ClimateQUAL Coordinator
- LibQUAL+ Taskforce, 2011 and 2013
- VCU New Budget Model Taskforce, 2014-present
- VCU Academic Analytics Implementation Team, 2012
- Richmond Academic Library Consortium, treasurer
- Scholarly research productivity; demonstrating academic library value and impact