Education Research Librarian
Research and Learning, Academic Outreach
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 121-L
- M.S. Library Science, The Catholic University of America, 1998
- M.A. History, Seattle University, 1970
- B.A. History, Washington State University, 1966
Previous professional experience
- Library Assistant, VCU Libraries, 1997-1998
- Defense Advanced Procurement, U.S. Army Logistics Management College
- Material Acquisition Management, U.S. Army Logistics Management College
- Peacemaker, B., Robinson, S., Scott, M. (2014). Reach out in a new direction: Applying public relations best practices to academic outreach. Poster presented at the American Library Association annual conference.
- Peacemaker, B., Robinson, S., Scott, M. (2014). Diversity project: Poster series connects core values to library materials and expertise. Poster presented at the American Library Association annual conference.
- Scott, M. & Branch, D. (2009). Close encounters of the link kind: User problem reports. Presented at ELUNA Conference.
- Scott, M., Canevari, C., Johnson, R., Lubker, I., Nunemaker, M.S., Sharma, A., Wright, B. (2006). An examination of joint e-reference service: Has the time come for a health sciences virtual reference consortium. Poster presented at the Medical Library Association Annual Conference.
- Scott, M. & Sourwine, D. (1996). Cost accounting standards: Taking the mystery out of the exemptions. Contract Management, 36.
Selected VCU Libraries service
- Electronic Resources Committee, Chair
- SFX Implementation Team
- Virginia Library Association, Secretary
- American Library Association
- Library Instruction Round Table
- Association of College Research Libraries
- ALA Reference and User Services Association
Collection management subject areas
- Reference, general works, bibliography, library science, law and government, education
- Email and chat reference services