Research and Education Librarian
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Research and Education
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room 144
- M.L.I.S., LSU, Baton Rouge, 2009
- Graduate certificate in technical writing, Louisiana Tech University, 2007
- B.S., animal biology and chemistry minor, Louisiana Tech University, 2000
Previous professional experience
- Digital and Information Services Librarian, LSA Heath Shreveport Health Sciences Library, 2010-15
- Technical Writer/Proofreader, Spherion with Quadel Consulting, Baton Rouge, LA, 2008-09
- Laboratory Technician/Environmental Specialist I, CK Associates, LLC, Caton Rouge, LA, 2006-07
- Library Associate, Ascension Parish Library, 2000-06
- Basic Sciences Seminar Series
- Grant Searching and Proposal Writing
- Pharmacology 200 Lecture Series
- Writing Effective Case Reports Workshop
- Liaison Orientations
- Writing Tips for Graduate Students
- Cyrus, J., Tarver, T. (2012). So Far So Good: The First Two Years of an In-Library Editing Service. Poster presentation for MLA/SCC annual meeting. Lubbock, TX.
- Jones, D., Tarver, T., Dobbins, M., Adams, M., Baggett, M. (2010). HeatheLearning at Curves: Making Quality Health Information Available to Fitness Center Participants. Poster presentation for MLA/SCC annual meeting. Austin, TX.
- Tarver, T. Palombo, S. (2014). A Collaborative Venture to Create a Case-Report Writing Workshop. Contributed paper, MLA/SCC, Denver.
- Jones, D., Adams, M., Tarver, T., Garcia, A. (2012) The Librarian’s Role in Linking Patients to Their Personal Health Data and Contextual Information. Contributed paper for MLA/SCC annual meeting. Lubbock, TX.
- Dobbins, M., Cyrus, J., Tarver, T., Adams, M. (2012) The YMCA of NWLA Project. Contributed paper for MLA/SCC annual meeting. Lubbock, TX.
- Medical Library Association (CAPHIS member)
- HSLAL (secretary, 2012-present)