James Branch Cabell Library, Room 314-C
- M.S. Library Science, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 1981
- B.A. Religious Studies, University of Virginia, 1976
Previous Professional Experience
- Associate Director for Information Technology, North Carolina State University Libraries, 1989-1999
- Head of Library Systems, North Carolina State University Libraries, 1986-1989
- Systems Manager, College of William and Mary, 1984-1986
- Systems Librarian, National Library of Medicine, 1982-1984
- Library Associate, National Library of Medicine, 1981-1982
- Ulmschneider, J. & Gherman, P. (2006). Uses of new technologies in higher education and the resulting effects on the work of research libraries. Presented at Association of Southeastern Research Libraries Workshop for Non-MLS Library Professionals.
- Ulmschneider, J. (2003). VIVA: Quality and value for higher education. Presented at General Assembly House Appropriations Higher Education Subcommittee.
- Ulmschneider, J. (2002). Digital reference services: Models and regional realities. Presented at SOLINET Annual Membership Meeting.
- Ulmschneider, J. (2000). Digital books: Growing threat? Presented to SOLINET Board of Directors.
- Ulmschneider, J. (1996). Integrated electronic document delivery: Linchpin for campus information systems. EDUCOM Review, 27.
- Ulmschneider, J. (1994). A model automated document delivery system for research libraries. Advances in Library Administration and Organization, 12.
- Ulmschneider, J. & Mullin, P. (1990). Performance measures for online systems. North Carolina Libraries.
Selected University Service
- Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee
- Council of Deans
- University Council
- VCU2020 Strategic Planning Commission, 2002-2006
- Richmond Academic Library Consortium
- Richmond Public Library Board of Directors
- Finance Committee, Chair
- State Council of Higher Education Library Advisory Committee
- Advocacy Task Force, Chair
- Virtual Library of Virginia Steering Committee
- Outreach Committee, Chair
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries
- Board of Directors, 2001-2003