Head, Digital Engagement
Scholarly Communications and Publishing, Digital Engagement
- M.S. Information Science, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 2009
- B.A. Sociology, University of Georgia, 2007
- A.B.J. Publication Management, University of Georgia, 2007
Previous professional experience
- Web Design Intern, webslingerz Inc., Summer 2008
- Information Technology Graduate Assistant, UNC School of Information and Library Science, 2007-2009
- Student Web Designer, UGA Application Solutions Group, 2005-2007
- Best in Show, New Building Website, American Library Association's PR Exchange Awards program, 2014
- Award of Merit, VCU Libraries e-newsletter, 2014 Virginia Public Relations Society Awards, 2014
- Ghaphery, J. & White, E. (2012). Creating mobile-friendly services at VCU Libraries. Presented online at ASERL webinar.
- White, E. (2012). Data-driven design decisions for discovery interfaces. Presented at LITA Forum.
- Doherty, T.M. & White, E. (2011). From chaos to control: Facilitating access to group study rooms at a busy academic library. Presented at Virginia Library Association Poster Session.
- McNulty, T. & White, E. (2011). Making waves: Library IT as a disruptive force. Presented at LITA Forum.
- White, E. (2011). Leveraging the cloud for nimble web project management. Presented at LITA Forum Poster Session.
- Teague-Rector, S. & White, E. (2010). Chats, docs, standups and 2.0: Collaboration tools for virtual teams. Presented at LITA Forum Poster Session.
- White, E. (2010). Design fundamentals for better web user experience. Presented at EdUI Conference.
- White, E. (2010). "Social Media and Virginia Libraries" panel discussion at Virginia Library Association Annual Conference.
- Bishoff, J., Houston, A., Michel, J.P., White, E. (2010). Taking mobile to the next level. Presented at American Library Association Annual Conference, RUSA "Hot Topics in Electronic Reference" Roundtable.
- Teague-Rector, S. & White, E. (2010). TTYL IRL :) : Strategies and tools for remote library teams. Presented at American Library Association Annual Conference Poster Session.
- Gariepy, L.W., Mazure, E., McDaniel, J., White, E.R. (2013). Developing LibGuides training: A blended learning approach. Using LibGuides to Enhance Library Services: A LITA Guide, ALA Techsource.
- Doherty, M. and White, E. (2012). Room reservations at VCU Libraries: How we coped with rapid growth and overwhelming demand for student study space. College & Research Libraries News, 73(3).
- Ghaphery, J. & White, E. (2012). Library use of web-based research guides. Information Technology and Libraries, 31(1).
- White, E. (2009). Are you LS or IS? A study of SILS students' perceptions of programs. Master's paper, UNC–Chapel Hill School of Information and Library Science.
Selected university service
- VCU Equity and Diversity Committee, LGBT Subcommittee
- VCU Southern Film Festival Planning Committee, Webmaster
- VCU Faculty Senate, Honorary Faculty Senator, Webmaster
Selected VCU Libraries service
- Web Redesign Task Force, Chair
- Professional Development Committee, Chair, 2010
- American Library Association
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Round Table
- Library Information Technology Association
- American Society for Information Science and Technology
- edUi Conference Program Committee
- edUi Conference Executive Planning Committee
- Refresh Richmond Organizing Committee
- Richmond Academic Library Consortium Web User Group, Founder
- Richmond User Experience Group
- Library technology; web development; web usability; user experience design; cloud computing; information architecture; technology education