Instruction and Access Services Librarian
VCU Libraries, Qatar
Jacqulyn Williams oversees the VCUQatar School of the Arts instructional program and is dedicated to developing deep connections with faculty and students to cultivate excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and artistic production.
She consults with faculty from various programs to enhance learning in the studio and fine arts and provides one-on-one course-specific academic support to students. Before joining the VCUQatar Library, she was an instructional librarian at Georgetown University in Qatar where her focus was on equipping undergraduates with the information and visual literacy skills necessary for lifelong learning; cultivating campus-wide partnerships to extend and deepen library impact; and exploring ways to deliver integrated and innovative programming to the wider campus community.
She holds the MLIS from Rugers University and a certificate in higher education management from Georgetown Univerisity and received a B.A. in English from Rutgers. As a doctoral candidate in the Educational Research Department, Lancaster University, UK, her research interests include the role academic libraries play in supporting students’ ability to integrate knowledge across disciplines and domains as well as understanding how global learning experiences impact the development and preparation of students to be socially responsible and civically engaged citizens in today’s world economy.
She is active in many professional organizations, including:
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) - Member, 2011 – Present
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) - Member, 2011 – Present
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL) - Member, 2011 – Present
- Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS-NA) - Member, 2017 – Present
- Art Libraries Society of the United Kingdom and Ireland (ARLIS-UK) - Member, 2017 – Present
- Educause - Member, 2011 – Present
- Information Literacy Network of the Gulf (ILN-Gulf) - Member, 2011 – Present
- Faculty Research Grant Committee – Member, 2017
- Teaching and Learning Committee – Member, 2017