VCU Libraries operations: COVID-19
VCU Libraries is online!
Expanded online services and resources available to support patient care, research, teaching and learning; libraries buildlings closed until further notice.
Starting March 21, all VCU Libraries physical spaces are closed until further notice in an effort to foster community health and help slow the spread of COVID-19. See library guide on COVID-19 for more details. Robust online services are available to support research and alternative instruction, including access to the libraries' extensive online collections of e-books, licensed streaming media, digitized primary resources, and journal articles.
Last updated: 06/3/2020
All VCU Libraries facilities are currently closed until further notice.
Online help is available!
Get one-on-one help
Our librarians work as liaisons in specific units - schools, departments, colleges, centers and programs. These subject-matter experts provide many services online, including instruction, in-depth research assistance and collection development support.
Research and instruction support
Other university guides:
Online access to resources
- Search VCU Libraries: find most ebooks, databases, and articles
- Books now available online: Almost half of VCU Libraries' print books are online during emergency building closures
- Databases: access online journals, articles, ebooks, videos, and other scholarly material
- Streaming video and audio: films, instructional videos, documentaries, music and more
- Digital collections: digitized materials about VCU, Richmond and Virginia from Special Collections and Archives and partner community organizations
- We can help!
Don't worry about returning any checked out materials at this time. We are extending due dates for checked out materials to August 28.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us toll-free at (844) 352-7399
- Text us at (804) 435-5420
- Use the Ask Us form
VCU Libraries events are canceled, postponed or held online.
Up to date information about COVID-19 and VCU's response is available at VCU's coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
For detailed information about the COVID-19 disease, visit the VCU Libraries' Research Guide on COVID-19.
Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) and COVID-19
With library buildings closed, VCU Libraries will not be able to provide easy access to physical items in the Federal Depository library collection. Access to electronic government information is available at govinfo.gov. Need help? Please contact Nia Rodgers, government documents librarian, at email@example.com.