VCU Libraries operations: COVID-19
All VCU libraries' buildings have reopened to the public. We welcome VCU students, faculty, and staff, as well as Friends of VCU Libraries, registered VCU alumni users, individuals affiliated with other academic institutions, and members of the general public engaged in academic pursuit or who are attending a VCU Libraries event. In the event of confirmed COVID-19 cases, we will post timely information about space closures and service updates.
Robust online services continue to be available to support research and alternative instruction, including access to the libraries' extensive online collections of e-books, licensed streaming media, digitized primary resources, and journal articles.
Based on direction from the Governor, as well as the recommendation from health and safety experts on VCU’s Public Health Response Team, effective immediately members of the VCU community who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear masks indoors. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their second dose of a two-dose vaccination series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Those who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear masks indoors.
Need vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN-VA. Monday through Saturday, 8am - 6pm. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1.
Last updated: 07/26/2021
Online help is available!
Get one-on-one help
Our librarians work as liaisons in specific units - schools, departments, colleges, centers and programs. These subject-matter experts provide many services online, including instruction, in-depth research assistance and collection development support.
Access to resources
- Search VCU Libraries: find most ebooks, databases, and articles
- Access VCU Libraries physical collections: request physical materials and schedule a contact-free pickup with our new Front Door Pickup service or access books online
- Databases: access online journals, articles, ebooks, videos, and other scholarly material
- Ebooks and ejournals: explore VCU Libraries' extensive ebook and ejournal databases
- Streaming video and audio: films, instructional videos, documentaries, music and more
- Digital collections: digitized materials about VCU, Richmond and Virginia from Special Collections and Archives and partner community organizations
- We can help!
- Library Mood: Missing the sounds and spaces of VCU Libraries as you study, write, and research? Re-create the feeling of the library where you are—at home, from your dorm, a park bench, wherever you have chosen to #StudySafer—with the resources on this guide.
VCU Libraries events are canceled, postponed or held online.
Up to date information about COVID-19 and VCU's response is available at VCU's coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
VCU COVID-19 cases can be tracked at the VCU COVID-19 dashboard.
For detailed information about the COVID-19 disease, visit the VCU Libraries' Research Guide on COVID-19.