VCU Libraries operations: COVID-19
All VCU libraries' buildings have reopened with limited hours.
Robust online services and Front Door Pickup of physical materials continue to be available to support research and alternative instruction, including access to the libraries' extensive online collections of e-books, licensed streaming media, digitized primary resources, and journal articles.
Last updated: 08/4/2020
Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences are currently open with limited hours and some restrictions to occupancy and space use. See our Frequently Asked Questions for more details.
Online help is available!
Get one-on-one help
Our librarians work as liaisons in specific units - schools, departments, colleges, centers and programs. These subject-matter experts provide many services online, including instruction, in-depth research assistance and collection development support.
Access to resources
- Search VCU Libraries: find most ebooks, databases, and articles
- Access VCU Libraries physical collections: request physical materials and schedule a contact-free pickup with our new Front Door Pickup service or access books online
- Databases: access online journals, articles, ebooks, videos, and other scholarly material
- Ebooks and ejournals: explore VCU Libraries' extensive ebook and ejournal databases
- Streaming video and audio: films, instructional videos, documentaries, music and more
- Digital collections: digitized materials about VCU, Richmond and Virginia from Special Collections and Archives and partner community organizations
- We can help!
Don't worry about returning any checked out materials at this time. We are extending due dates for checked out materials to August 28.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us toll-free at (844) 352-7399
- Text us at (804) 435-5420
- Use the Ask Us form
VCU Libraries events are canceled, postponed or held online.
Up to date information about COVID-19 and VCU's response is available at VCU's coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
For detailed information about the COVID-19 disease, visit the VCU Libraries' Research Guide on COVID-19.