VCU Libraries operations: COVID-19
Robust online services and Front Door Pickup of physical materials continue to be available to support research and alternative instruction, including access to the libraries' extensive online collections of e-books, licensed streaming media, digitized primary resources, and journal articles.
Following university guidelines, expect stricter enforcement of VCU’s expectation to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth at all times in library buildings. Users who do not comply will be asked to present their VCU ID and will receive a written warning and reminder of the university’s rules about face coverings. VCU Libraries will maintain a record of users’ names who receive this warning. Users who refuse to provide the requested VCU ID will be required to immediately leave the building. Continued noncompliance may result in the suspension of access to library buildings and disciplinary action in accordance with university policy.
Last updated: 01/26/2021
Online help is available!
Get one-on-one help
Our librarians work as liaisons in specific units - schools, departments, colleges, centers and programs. These subject-matter experts provide many services online, including instruction, in-depth research assistance and collection development support.
Access to resources
- Search VCU Libraries: find most ebooks, databases, and articles
- Access VCU Libraries physical collections: request physical materials and schedule a contact-free pickup with our new Front Door Pickup service or access books online
- Databases: access online journals, articles, ebooks, videos, and other scholarly material
- Ebooks and ejournals: explore VCU Libraries' extensive ebook and ejournal databases
- Streaming video and audio: films, instructional videos, documentaries, music and more
- Digital collections: digitized materials about VCU, Richmond and Virginia from Special Collections and Archives and partner community organizations
- We can help!
- Library Mood: Missing the sounds and spaces of VCU Libraries as you study, write, and research? Re-create the feeling of the library where you are—at home, from your dorm, a park bench, wherever you have chosen to #StudySafer—with the resources on this guide.
VCU Libraries events are canceled, postponed or held online.
Up to date information about COVID-19 and VCU's response is available at VCU's coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
VCU COVID-19 cases can be tracked at the VCU COVID-19 dashboard.
For detailed information about the COVID-19 disease, visit the VCU Libraries' Research Guide on COVID-19.