VCU Libraries operations: COVID-19
As of March 21, 2022, masking is voluntary indoors and outdoors on campus, with the exception of classrooms, clinical settings, health system facilities, and on public transit. VCU’s Public Health Response Team continues to strongly encourage masking for individuals at risk for severe COVID-19 infection. Community members who wish to wear masks are also encouraged to do so — we must all continue to treat one another with kindness and respect.
Need vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN-VA. Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1.
Online help is available!
Get one-on-one help
Our librarians work as liaisons in specific units - schools, departments, colleges, centers and programs. These subject-matter experts provide many services online, including instruction, in-depth research assistance and collection development support.
Access to resources
- Search VCU Libraries: find most ebooks, databases, and articles
- Access VCU Libraries physical collections: request physical materials and schedule a contact-free pickup with our new Front Door Pickup service or access books online
- Databases: access online journals, articles, ebooks, videos, and other scholarly material
- Ebooks and ejournals: explore VCU Libraries' extensive ebook and ejournal databases
- Streaming video and audio: films, instructional videos, documentaries, music and more
- Digital collections: digitized materials about VCU, Richmond and Virginia from Special Collections and Archives and partner community organizations
- We can help!
- Library Mood: Missing the sounds and spaces of VCU Libraries as you study, write, and research? Re-create the feeling of the library where you are—at home, from your dorm, a park bench, wherever you have chosen to #StudySafer—with the resources on this guide.
VCU Libraries events continue in various modes: online, in person, or hybrid.
Up to date information about COVID-19 and VCU's response is available at VCU's coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
VCU COVID-19 cases can be tracked at the VCU COVID-19 dashboard.
For detailed information about the COVID-19 disease, visit VCU Libraries Research Guide on COVID-19.