If VCU Libraries doesn't have what you need, we'll get it for you for free. Your requests are handled through ILLiad. Once you create an account, you will be able to request items and track your requests.
- Create an ILLiad account. You only have to register once. Or, log on to ILLiad if you already have an account.
- Request items through VCU Libraries Search or directly through ILLiad.
- Learn how to renew or cancel your request.
- 1 to 4 weeks for entire works
- 1 to 14 days for copies of articles, chapters or excerpts
- Loan periods vary. Check the due date on the wrapper of the book, or in your ILLiad account.
- Electronic copies expire after 30 days in your account. Download the files to your computer for continued access.
Fines and fees
- There are fines and fees for damaged or lost items. For damaged materials, the amount varies.
- How to request an item
- Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
- Loansome Doc borrowing through the National Library of Medicine
- Interlibrary Loan Lending Information for other libraries
- Ask Us