The kiosks that dispense laptops in Cabell Library are out of order until further notice. Students can check out laptops using their VCUCard at the IT Support Center on the lower level in Cabell Library. In spring semester 2019, this service is available beginning Jan. 7.
- Laptops are available at Tompkins-McCaw Library at the service desk. Laptops may be taken outside of the library.
- Laptops may not be requested in advance; only one laptop may be checked out at a time.
- Laptops may be borrowed for a four-hour period.
- Laptops must be returned by 30 minutes prior to library closing.
- Laptops borrowed at Tompkins-McCaw Library accrue overdue fines of $10 per hour (or portion of an hour; up to a maximum $250), when returned late. Accumulated fines will lock future checkouts.
- Replacement costs may exceed $1,400; your library and VCU accounts may be blocked until paid.
- Work must be saved and backed up to an external drive or Blackboard because the hard drives are scrubbed on reboot.
- Do not leave the laptop unattended at any time. Theft is a reality in any public environment.
Hardware and software
- LENOVO ThinkPad T and L series 15" laptops
- Windows7 Pro
- VCU SafeNet wireless
- Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe Design Premium CS5, myITLab, iTunes, CutePDFCreator, Corel DVD Movie Factory, Corel WinDVD, VLC Player, Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer, SPSS, SAS, Mathmatica, JMP and STATA via APP2GO Network Server
- Internal Wireless (instant VCU Libraries connectivity) and printing through VCU Pay-4-Print
- Standard MS Windows' assistive technology software including:
- Accessibility Wizard
- Magnifier, Narrator
- Journal Viewer
- On-Screen Keyboard
- Utility Manager
These laptops are part of the VCU's Student Computer Initiative.
Library service desks provide basic computer problem support and troubleshooting. Its staff may refer software and hardware problems to the VCU helpIT Center.
Questions? See the service desk.