Affordable course content
The high cost of course materials is a concern for both students and parents, and it has also been shown to place many students at academic risk. "Affordable course content" describes any free, low-cost or open educational resources that can serve as alternatives to high-cost course materials.
- Consult with your librarian to learn about affordable course content in your discipline
- Getting-started guide to affordable course content and open educational resources
- List of course-friendly digital content from VCU Libraries including ebooks and other digital texts
- Place physical copies of course materials on reserve to ensure all students in the class have access
- VCU's Affordable Course Content Awards Program
VIVA E Textbook Portal
The VIVA Faculty Textbook Portal helps faculty find textbooks for their courses. Faculty can select from over 200,000 titles that include open access books, currently available ebooks, and ebooks available for purchase on request.
- VCU faculty only access: Preview full-text and request the purchase of an ebook for your course
- Non-faculty members can browse available textbooks via the public portal view