VCU Libraries helps today’s and tomorrow’s scholars create, communicate, and increase the impact of their research and scholarship.
We can help you throughout the research and publishing lifecycle.
Planning and performing research
- Consult with your librarian for subject area guidance
- Attend a workshop
- Explore the use of open educational resources and affordable course content
- Find grants
- Create a plan and manage research data through the research lifecycle
- Collaborate with research partners and manage research workflows with the Open Science Framework
- Manage citations
Writing and creating
- Write a literature review
- Author and edit multimedia at The Workshop
- Schedule a consultation to explore web-based scholarship or digital humanities projects
Publishing and dissemination
- Create a dissemination plan for your research
- Make more confident decisions about copyright and fair use and understand and retain your rights as an author and copyright holder
- Evaluate traditional and open access journals and other potential venues for publication
- Apply for the open access fund to offset publishing costs
- Share your scholarly work through VCU’s institutional repository, Scholars Compass
- Comply with grant funder mandates for public access to articles and data
- Evaluate the impact of your scholarly work.
- Manage your online scholarly presence.
Ask us if you need help with your research or publishing.