Research data management
Planning ahead can save time later when your data are easy to find, use, analyze and share with your collaborators. Good data management practices can also help ensure that others can discover, build on, and give you credit for your research.
Data services include:
- Getting started guide for managing research data
- Consultations and workshops to help you, your research team, or your students
- Collaboration tools to work with research partners and manage research workflows, including the Open Science Framework
- Help developing data management plans or data sharing plans for grant applications, including using DMPTool templates
- Consult on journal publisher data sharing requirements and data sharing statements
- Help with compliance with grant funder mandates for public access to data
- Connect with other VCU groups that can help with the storage, security and analysis of your data
- Identify data repositories to preserve and/or share your data, including through VCU’s institutional repository, Scholars Compass
- Utilize metadata and documentation to make your data searchable and assure you are credited
- Help you understand VCU's policy on Research Data Ownership, Retention, Access and Security
Contact the research data management team with any questions about data.