Multimedia Collaboration Room
Access, location and hours
The Multimedia Collaboration Room (MCR) is located in the basement of Tompkins-McCaw Library in Room B-037, and it is available to VCU faculty, staff and students for study and for those who need specialized equipment for multimedia projects. The MCR is available during normal library hours.
- GIS: Geographic information systems software is available on a single station in the MCR. Contact the Tompkins-McCaw Service Desk for access.
- Large format printer: A large format printer is available to support GIS research and to print posters from PowerPoint for VCU faculty, staff and students.
- Scanning: Station is equipped with a photo printer and photo scanner with slide scanning capability. Software includes Adobe CS6.
- Audio: Station is equipped with a Dual-Cassette Tape Digital Archiver. Software includes Sound Forge Pro 10, Adobe Encore and Premier.
- Video: Multiple stations, equipped with a plasma TV, Blu-ray player, VCR, Mac, Analog to Digital Converter, DVD/CD burner, DVD/CD duplicator and microform viewer/scanner. Other software includes Adobe Acrobat, GarageBand and Photoshop.
- Other equipment: The MCR also contains a laminator, large paper cutter and moveable white boards.