The Innovative Media department, located in The Workshop on the lower level in Cabell Library, offers a comprehensive suite of resources, services and workspaces designed to build a creative ecosystem for learning and using varied real and digital tools. This space on the lower level offers workstations, a makerspace, audio and video studios and much more. Users will find spaces for editing of sound, video and graphics as well as equipment and softwares for creating scholarship, illlustrating research, presenting information and inventing new things.
Use of equipment and space is free and open to all members of the VCU academic community.
This is a place where learning is guided. We offer one-on-one tutorials, workshop-style sessions, equipment demonstrations, online resources as well as knowledgeable staff who can help you do what you want to do.
- Equipment and tools available for use or checkout
- Reserve a 3D Printer, Laser Cutter/Engraver, the Gaming/Viewing Room or a Production Studio up to one week in advance.
- You must be an Authorized User to reserve and use the Laser Cutter/Engraver, 3D Printer, or the Video and Audio Production Studios. To become an Authorized User, simply attend one of the scheduled training sessions.
- To schedule a consultation or ask a question, call (804) 827-3594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us with special media viewing, listening or converting needs, such as working with international or legacy formats.
- Innovative Media Policies
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutting/Engraving
- Gaming/Viewing Room
|Name||E-mail and Phone|
Media Specialist II
Manager, Innovative Media
Head, Innovative Media
Multimedia Production Specialist