Only "Authorized Users" may reserve and use some equipment, including the laser cutter/engraver, embroidery machine, 3D printers or the video and audio studios. To become an "Authorized User," attend an orientation session. These are generally scheduled as outlined below. Changes to the schedule do occur so check the University calendar (on The Workshop home page) to confirm the desired session is firm.
- Makerbot 3D Printer (Beginner): Monday 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. | Wednesday 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. | Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | Saturday 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer: Wednesday 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. | Friday 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. | Sunday 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. The Lulzbot currently can only print TPE (flexible filament) using the specialty extruder. We are waiting on a replacement extruder for printing in PLA, ABS & HIPS. We apologize for any inconvenience and will update the reservations page as soon as the extruder arrives.
- Epilog Laser Cutter/Engraver: Tuesday 8 p.m. - 9 p.m. | Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | Thursday 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. | Sunday 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Until further notice, no acrylic of any form should be engraved or cut in the laser. We apologize for any inconvenience as we explore additional safety measures. Feel free to contact email@example.com with questions or concerns.
- Brother DZ820E Embroidery Machine: Monday 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. | Tuesday 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | Wednesday 8:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Video Production Studio: Monday 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. | Tuesday 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. | Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | Sunday 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- Audio Production Studio: Monday 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. | Tuesday 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. | Thursday 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. | Sunday 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if special attention is needed, including permission to use the Formlabs Form 2 high-definition printer (pre-approval and training are required).