VCU Libraries Opportunities for Alumni
VCU Libraries strives to be a strong connection to lifelong learning and professional research for alumni of VCU.
Through a partnership between VCU Libraries and VCU Alumni, dues-paying members of VCU Alumni can glean remote access to valuable library resources, including the powerful databases Academic Search and Business Source Alumni Editions. Dues-paying members can login to the VCU Alumni portal and browse thousands of magazines, journals and trade publications from their homes and offices, wherever an Internet connection is available. Additional databases and products will become available for remote access in early 2014. Further information about online access to databases is available on the VCU Alumni website.
Dues-paying members of VCU Alumni are also eligible to join the Friends of VCU Libraries at discounted rates:
- Annual members of VCU Alumni — $75 annual donation to the Friends of VCU Libraries (savings of $25)
- Life members — $50 annual donation (savings of $50)
- GOLD annual members — $35 annual donation (savings of $65)
Discounted rates are available only by making an annual donation through the VCU Alumni website.
Joining the Friends of VCU Libraries allows alumni to receive:
- Expanded library borrowing privileges
- Use of library services and facilities in James Branch Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library with a personal borrower's card
- Invitations to Friends of the Library-sponsored lectures and events
- Preview admission to the annual Friends of the Library book sale
- Subscription to the Friends of the Library e-newsletter