The VCU Libraries recruits librarians who embody the core competencies articulated by the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries.
- Public Affairs Research Librarian (Open - review of applications begins May 1, 2015)
- Assistant University Librarian for Organizational Development (Open - review of applications begins April 27, 2015)
- Electronic Collections Metadata Management Librarian (Open - review of applications begins June 5, 2015)
- Research and Education Librarian (Open - review of applications begins May 22, 2015)
Classified Staff & Hourly Positions
Please visit the FindAJob@VCU Website and search for jobs in the University Libraries to find jobs and application instructions for classified staff and hourly positions.
Students interested in working at VCU Libraries (including federal work-study) should apply at HireVCURams. From the "Jobs and Internships Search" menu, enter "libraries" in the Keyword Search to find positions at VCU Libraries.
Thinking about becoming a librarian?
- Visit the American Librarian Association's LibraryCareers.org Website.
- Read the Labor Department's Occupational Outlook Handbook on careers in librarianship.
- Find out about Medical Librarianship from the Medical Library Association.