- Services at James Branch Cabell Library, Monroe Park Campus
- Services at Tompkins-McCaw Library, MCV Campus
For VCU Students, Faculty and Staff
- Individualized library orientations
- Library resource use
- Equipment use
- Place request for specific books or journal articles through the Item Request Form or at the Cabell Library Information Services Desk or Tompkins-McCaw Library Service Desk.
- Items are ready for pickup within 24 hours.
- Items can be transferred between Cabell and Tompkins-McCaw Libraries.
- No charge for persons with special needs.
- Make requests for articles and book pages to be copied at the service desk.
- Copies are 10 cents per page and are made using the individual's copy card.
- VCU Services for Students with Disabilities
- Office for Institutional Equity
- VCU's Partnership for People with Disabilities
- Braille dictionary, sign language materials, large print dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia and atlas available through the Cabell Library Information Services Desk.
James Branch Cabell Library, VCU Monroe Park Campus
- 901 Park Avenue, Richmond, VA 23284-2033
- Phone: (804) 828-1111
- Toll-free: (866) 828-2665
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wheelchair ramps on both sides of the main entrance. Accessible restrooms on all floors but the third floor, family/single-stall restrooms in basement. Lactation room in basement.
Computers and Equipment
First Floor: Two computers with 20-inch color monitors
- One with Microsoft Magnifier screen magnification
- One with Jaws synthesized voice screen reading software for accessing library database. Patrons must ask for headphones at the Infomational Services Desk.
Second Floor: One computer with 20-inch color monitor
Third Floor: A variety of equipment including:
- Closed-Captioning on most televisions. Some have Descriptive Video Service (DVS) programs and videos
- Four-track cassette player/recorder for talking books
- Omni Page - an optical character recognition software for those who need to scan and convert paper and PDF documents into formats such as Word, Power Point, TXT, RTF, and Excel
Adobe Acrobat Professional : Create PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Professional, and then convert into simple HTML or ASCII for screen reading programs
All public computers have Microsoft Magnifier screen magnification software.
Tompkins-McCaw Library, MCV Campus
- 509 North 12th Street, Richmond, VA 23298-0582
- Phone: (804) 828-0636; Toll-free: 1 (866) 828-2665
- Fax: (804) 828-6089
- Email: email@example.com
Wheelchair ramp at entrance near 12th Street and accessible restrooms on the first floor.
Computers and Equipment
First Floor: One workstation
- Special software: Jaws, Zoom Text
- Hardware: Scanners, headphones (ask at Service Desk)
All public workstations have Microsoft Magnifier screen magnification software.