VCU Libraries' Innovative Media Department (on the lower level in Cabell Library) offers a comprehensive suite of resources, services and workspaces designed to build a creative ecosystem for learning and using varied real and digital tools. New space on the lower level offers workstations, a makerspace and much more. Users will find spaces for editing of sound, video and graphics as well as equipment and softwares for creating scholarship, illlustrating research, presenting information and inventing new things.
Use of equipment and space is free and open to all members of the VCU academic community.
This is a place where learning is guided. We offer one-on-one tutorials, workshop-style sessions, equipment demonstrations, online resources as well as knowledgeable staff who can help you do what you want to do.
- Equipment and tools available for use or checkout
- Reserve a 3D Printer, Laser Cutter/Engrager or the Gaming/Viewing Room up to one week in advance.
- To schedule a consultation or ask a question, call (804) 827-3594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us with special media viewing, listening or converting needs, such as working with international or legacy formats.
- Innovative Media Policies
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutting/Engraving
- Gaming/Viewing Room
The Innovative Media department is on the lower level of James Branch Cabell Library. Entry is via the lobby stairs or elevator.
Visit during open hours, email email@example.com or call (804) 827-3594.