VCU Libraries for alumni
VCU Libraries strives to be a strong connection to lifelong learning and professional research for alumni of VCU.
Through a partnership between VCU Libraries and VCU Alumni, dues-paying members of VCU Alumni can gain remote access to valuable library resources, including the powerful databases Academic Search and Business Source Alumni Editions. Dues-paying members can log in to the VCU Alumni portal and browse thousands of magazines, journals and trade publications from their homes and offices, wherever an Internet connection is available. Further information about online access to databases is available on the VCU Alumni website.
Dues-paying members of VCU Alumni are also eligible to join the Friends of VCU Libraries at discounted rates:
- Annual members of VCU Alumni — $75 annual donation to the Friends of VCU Libraries (savings of $25)
- Life members — $50 annual donation (savings of $50)
- GOLD annual members — $35 annual donation (savings of $65)
Discounted rates are available only by making an annual donation through the VCU Alumni website.
Joining the Friends of VCU Libraries allows alumni to receive:
- Expanded library borrowing privileges
- Limited use of library materials, services and facilities in James Branch Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library with a personal borrower's card
- Invitations to Friends of the Library-sponsored lectures and events
- Subscription to the VCU Libraries e-newsletter